Wednesday, November 10, 2010

One more thing...

I just want to share these with you from 2009.  They warm my heart.  (I'm sorry, I can't post all of the cards, emails, etc. that I received regarding the 3-Day, but know that I have them all saved in my 3-Day folder, in my card box, and in my heart.  I love my supporters!  I love you all!)

A card that I keep on the fridge and read from time to time...

MK,
I am so proud of you for making this committement to fight breast cancer - GOOD FOR YOU!!  Saw your Mom several weeks ago and she is doing great (probably because of your support!!)  If you need someone to watch the children while you train, call 555-5555!!!  I mailed a check today for $100.00 in your ID#.  I will be praying for your success!! 

Love,
Donna M.


An email from 10/5/09.  It brought me to tears when I read it, still does...

Hi MK,
Just wanted you to know that I am praying for you. I know how important this is to you and to your Mom.

Also, if for any reason you cannot complete the entire 60 miles, realize that you have accomplished much toward the fight for breast cancer awareness and research. But more than that, you have been where very few of us even dare to go. Your sacrifice of time with your family, blisters, sore muscles, and all else involved has made you a different person, a better person and you have proven to yourself that you can do more and be more than you ever imagined. May God take that spirit and multiply it with His Spirit so that you can realize His presence as you take each step next weekend.

Joyfully praising Him,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments