Monday, July 9, 2012

life is like a lot of boxes

Life as we know it, looks a little like this these days...



There are times when I wonder have we been forgotten?  I know in my heart it's not true, but there are days when the thought crosses my mind.  I ponder what His plan is for us.  Is this really meant to be?  How long will we have to wait before it's all revealed?

The last two and a half weeks have been frustrating and question-filled.  We're new to this and it's not been so easy.  Finally, the day before we left, I felt like there was a breakthrough.  It was all becoming more clear and there was an overwhelming excitement and joy that wrapped itself around me.  Suddenly, I couldn't wait to get home and start packing.

The blessings continue to flow..."Mother Teresa" called this morning and offered to watch my small man while Miss K was at Summer Quest so I could get some serious packing done.  So, I flew like the wind to get him over there and then, I settled in for a breakfast of trail mix and packing.  I'm happy to report that our bedroom is almost completely done and while I dread clutter, this is truly a joyful sight.  These days, boxes everywhere are a welcome sign.  They make me feel all warm and fuzzy.  OK, maybe not so much.  But they remind me that the clock is ticking.  The time for reunion is near.  They whisper, "Three or four more weeks to go!"

Oh, how I long for the day when we'll all be settled together.  No more fourteen hour drives just to hear his heart beat or fall asleep in his arms.  No more fourteen hour drives just to play cars with daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments