Saturday, December 4, 2010

a simple request


Maybe blogs aren't the place for asking favors but,
I have a simple request of you, my friends. 
At the 2010 Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure, included in our our crew team was a
lady (we'll call her P), her daughter and sister who flew in from another state.
She is a warm, caring, enjoyable woman with a wonderful family.



This morning, I received an email from her...

Hello DC Crew --

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and best wishes for a Merry Christmas.

I have a favor to ask.  Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I undergo a bilateral mastetcomy and reconstruction on December 21st.  I didn't have the best news with my annual mammogram at the end of October.  I didn't have a recurrence of my first cancer but rather a different kind of cancer in my right breast.  I had the choice of lumpectomy with radiation or mastectomy and we decided to go with the mastectomy. 

Thank you!
P


I wrote her back...

P,

I'm so sorry to hear this news.  You will be in my prayers and in the prayers of others as we storm the heavens for you.  I pray that the LORD will bring your doctors wisdom and steady hands, and that you may find peace and comfort in God and those who surround you with their love and support.  I know J will take good care of you.  Give her my best!  And I know that it's a long haul but, I hope that you will come back to crew in DC again sometime.  Keep us updated.  Merry Christmas!

With love,
MK



My request of you, is simply this - pray for her.

"When a believing person prays, great things happen."
- James 5:16



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments