Thursday, December 2, 2010

Santa gibes.


"What have you done thus far?"

I put up the decorations,
I'm listen to the music night and day!
Whatta you want from me, old man?

"Have you started on the shopping?"

No!
Leave me alone!
I'll get it done.

"Waitin' 'til the last minute, eh?"

No. No, I'm not.
My weekend is jam packed.
Give me time, old man!

"You better get on it lady,
time's awastin'."

What the heck Santa?!
Cut a sista some slack.




(No, I'm not a grinch.  I do love Christmas.  Not for the presents, of course.  I am most thankful for the fellowship and, yes, you guessed it - the food.  Oh the FOOD!  Anyway, I just can't get it in gear to do the shopping.  To add to the seasonal chaos, K and I have not figured out what we're doing in the way of a 10th birthday party - which is in early January, I might add.  It must be planned before Christmas otherwise, I am a crazy mess and I refuse to do another stinkin' sleepover with eight or more giggly girls up until all hours of the night.  I kid you not, the last one, they were up until almost 2 in the morning and that's when I put the smack down!  "Listen up, chicas!  Either you sleep or I call ya mamas and it won't be pretty, I can promise you that!"  There was a hush over the crowd and I didn't hear another peep until 7am the next morning.  Or maybe it was C that laid down the law.  I was so tired, I don't remember.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments