Monday, May 14, 2012

i had nothing else.


You're very, very welcome.

I have gradually realized throughout this short period
of being apart there are so many things I adore.

Someone at work frequently uses the word "ain't" and it reminds me of you.
I corrected you, now I savor just hearing it.  And think of you.

As the weather gets warmer and warmer, I miss seeing you in shorts with boots.
And your sexy sock tan.  Ha.

I realize that it may be convenient to warm the bed with the electric blanket before I hop in, but nothing compares to laying smack dab against you and waking up in your arms.

Coffee just isn't the same when you make it.
It's better.

I miss your egg sandwiches.  Mine are just blah.
In fact, I haven't had one since you left.
So while I take the cake in the cooking department. 
You have your own specialty and it can't be beat.

I took for granted how much you really did here.
Like, how we would tag team the kids at bedtime after sports and church.

How much it sucks to watch movies by myself.

The list goes on and on.
But it's late.
And we both have big days ahead of us.
I hope yours is the best.
I can deal.


I love you Daddy-O.
To the moon and back.

{By the way, the man has that beat.}
Not that it was ours from the start.
"I love you up to the planets and all around them and back."


1 comment:

Comments