Sunday, May 6, 2012

if you've been wondering...

I'm still alive.  Life's been crazy.  Insanely crazy.  And I'm turning the computer on for the first time in weeks, not to help with end-of-year projects, but to come here and do some 'splainin'.  I haven't abandoned this place {in fact, I'm quite fond of it Thankyouverymuch.}  I just need the summer to take care of some things and get settled.

First off and most importantly, we spend a fair amount of time at church - kids' choir, ladies' Bible study, regular prayer and Bible study and AWANA.  Tonight was the last night of AWANA and choir will be ending early June.  Secondly, there's soccer and t-ball where we hit the field 2, sometimes 3 nights a week.  T-ball ends this Saturday and soccer follows also in early June.  And, of course, there's work.  Work has been boring me to death lately and sadly, I've dreaded the days there.  I am excited to be working an upcoming event.  Though, I think this will be my last month there. 

School's ending soon and so we've begun to pack.  I won't say I'll be sad when all of our activities shut down.  I need to come up for air.  I need to get serious about packing, concrete our plan, bring in the volunteers.  It's all seemed a little overwhelming but, I realize that everything is in God's perfect time, according to His perfect plan.  Not mine.  So, for now, I'm just going with the flow, doing what I need to do to get through each day and that's it.  I'll pack a little here, pack a little there and when the time comes, we'll pack it all.

The man and I are still overjoyed about moving.  Miss K, not so much.  She doesn't want to hear it.  I know she'll come around, I just hope the Spirit can move in her heart to be accepting and not resentful.  To see it as an adventure and not being cut off from all those who we know and dearly love.  I wonder if we'll ever not call this place home.  We'll come back for holidays and summers.  We'll bathe and soak ourselves in the love and laughter of family and friends.  We'll invite them out to stay with us and feast on meals fit for kings, I promise.  You know I don't can't do small well.

One more thing, I'm having a problem with photos.  Google's saying I've met my limit for "storage" and so, I really don't have the time to mess with that and I'm certainly not paying for more.  {Seriously?}  And you know how much I despise these posts with no pictures.  Awful, awful, I say.

With all that being said, please excuse my absence for I will not be here for a while.  (If I do appear for half a minute it will sadly be photo-less.  {Sniff.  Sniff.}  May be August-September-ish before we meet again, I make no promises.  I hope everyone has an awesome summer and think of us while you're laying by the pool, out in the lake, toes in the sand.  Yep, we'll be packing our stuff and driving a huge moving truck 800 miles.  Yippee, sounds like fun, huh?  Yeah, I didn't think so either.  How about a car full of dogs?  OK, really, there's just 2, but 14 hours with them?  Ugh, it just gets better all the time.  Oh well, that's just life.  Farewell for now and until we meet again...

2 comments:

  1. I'll misssssssss youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!! In more ways than just your blogger world!!!! And I'd love to come visit you sometime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I'll miss you too but, we'll still talk on the phone and blog. And I definitely want you to come visit!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments