Wednesday, February 20, 2013

baby quilt, softie, and a scarf

This week I've almost tackled one (cheater!) baby "quilt" ...
 
I cut out the triangles and adhered Heat'n'Bond Lite to the wrong side using the tutorial from Made by Marzipan for the "Bye Baby Bunting Quilt".   I know, I promised to make my grandma's first, but wasn't sure I liked the backing I'd gotten.  So, I decided to give it time to grow on me or return it - whichever came first.
 
 
 
 I carefully arranged the triangles and pressed to adhere them to the fabric.
 
 
 
Pinned the top fabric, batting, and bottom together and using a zig zig stitch, sewed all three layers at once.
 
 
 
All that's left to do is sew on the binding (once I get some more fabric to make the bias tape - ugghhmmm!)
 
 
 
 
I conquered a softie doll, tutorial courtesy of 70 piggies.  It'd been a while and I was quickly reminded why I don't like these so well.  They're cute, I agree but, they're tedious.  Don't get me wrong, Nicole from 70 Piggies has a great tutorial!  It's just me.  I have issues like that.
 

 
 
And last but not least, "Ruby" is modeling a cowl neck scarf created from an old sweater - I am in love with both Ruby and the scarf!

 
 


2 comments:

  1. I guess the little man must have rubbed off on you when you since you took the scissors to your sweater?? Quilt looks great! Doll baby does too! LUVYA, C

    ReplyDelete

Comments