Friday, February 8, 2013

glorious, glorious fabric!

I've been planning a quilt project for a couple weeks now.  Well, today was the glorious day that I picked out fabric.  I spent an insane amount of time staring at bolts and bolts of fabric.  I declare, I think this is an obsession, my love of fabric.  I will buy it without a project in mind and hold on to it for months before I actually find something I want to use it for.  Is that a problem?  I also like the remnant bin, I'm a sucker for small rolls of discounted fabric.  It's clear, I have issues.  Don't judge.

I was still hooked on the yellow and gray theme and so I selected these for a quilt for my grandma.  There's less gray than I was looking for, but in the end, I was pleased with this selection.  And since I'm trying to do this "by the book" - I have a hard time with that you know - they are now happily getting acquainted with the washer and dryer.  I confess, I never prewash my fabric.  I know, it's a sin.

 
 
These will be baby quilts.  That's my hope at least.  I cheated and bought stacks for these.  They are enjoying time mingling in the craft room until I complete the quilt for my grandma.  Pending its success, they'll also meet with the washer and dryer and move on to life as a beloved quilt.  Pending its success, I say.
 
 
 
 




2 comments:

  1. I'm a fabric horder! I LOVE LOVE LOVE fabric and the remenat bin!!! Your not alone in your obsession!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, you are not alone in this "fabric addition". I was working on some Valentine pot holders and table runner Saturday and had to stop and go to The Little Shop twice, of course, for more fabric. Hope to get the table runner finished this week. Now I have my blog, I'll post pictures. So glad I figured out how to post to your site. Miss ya.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Comments