Tuesday, April 16, 2013

for a few minutes of sunshine


 
Yesterday, I drug myself through the morning routine as I have for the past week.  I took a bath and slow as a snail on a Sunday drive, I did my hair, applied minimal makeup and headed out.  I was gonna find a doctor if it killed me.
 
Last weekend, if you recall, the Mister had come down with something nasty...chills, fever, body ache, runny nose and cough.  Well, it went through all of us, with exception of the man, yet I was the one still fighting lingering effects.  Though it was a sinus infection I was stuck with.  By Monday, I couldn't take it anymore.  Feeling like I'd been punched in the face, I rallied my friends to ask their advice on doctors.  Luckily, none of us have been sick enough to require a doctor visit in the the last year.
 
Surprisingly, no one here goes to a regular doctor.  They go to "urgent care clinics".  So, I gave it a shot.  After my appointment, I picked up antibiotics at the pharmacy across the street and headed straight to the McDonald's drive-thru for a breakfast sandwich to take my medicine with.  Ugh!  I know, but I was in no mood for hanging around, sitting down or eating something fancy.  Food was necessary to take my meds and I wanted to get home!
 
Ecstatic to have my miracle drugs in hand, and one down, I waited for their effects to kick in.  They kicked in alright!  I've been dizzy, nauseous and unable to sleep.  I read the side effects...I'm experiencing all but one or two.  Sorry.  TMI.  I'm gonna call and ask for something different.  On the bright side, I can almost breathe again and my face doesn't hurt nearly as bad. 


We've had quite the crazy week. The latter part of last week, our basement flooded from all of the rain and some backed up pipes.  The landlord ended up having to dig up the yard to fix it. Luckily, there was only minor damage but now I worry about - Eeeek! - mold.  They also had to dig around the well due to standing water which pointed to a leak with the pump. Fun times! 

 
 
So, today I'm thankful for a few minutes of sunshine and Spring's abundant greenery and new life.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments