Tuesday, April 9, 2013

not even that

It takes God all of 0.2 seconds to make me realize that this life is not about me.  Yep, read that again.  It's not. about. me.  On Friday, I posted this.  And it was real to me.  I'd felt so agitated and worked up lately that I could barely contain myself and so then, I'd decided to put it out there.  to share it.  and God said, "Hey!  Hey you there!  Life is good!  It's always good."  And overnight, literally, I felt brand new.  Sunday, not knowing a thing about my strife, Steve drove that point home for added measure.

Though there are days when I grow weary, weak, breathless, forgetful, God's timing is always perfect.

"Every scar tells a story.  Scars are the stories of our lives." Jesus scars tell the story of his love. for me. for you. for mankind.

Isaiah 41:10 ~ "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

You are valuable because you exist. Not because of what you do or what you have done, but simply because you are. –Max Lucado 


I spent Spring Break with my children.  I had big plans for our week but, those plans quickly faded away and other things fell into their places.  We hosted friends and played inside until the middle of the week or so when the weather changed its tune.  The kids went out to play two square, swung on tire swings, played in the sand box, hid in the barns and wagon, and rode bikes and the four-wheeler.


I spent the weekend with my incredible husband.  He plowed our garden and then came down with some nasty little cold bug.  So we watched movies and I waited on him, making tea with lemon and honey and cinnamon, hot apple cider and whatever else he called for.  He's quite self-sufficient though so most of what he needed, he didn't ask for.  He simply got up and got it himself, despite me asking numerous times, "Do you want this?  Do you want that?"


After church on Sunday, we had friends over for lunch and spent the rest of the afternoon outside until they left just before dinnertime.  She and I sat in lawn chairs talking about life.  The men and children shooting bows and BB guns and playing in the yard.  The dogs exploring. 


All around me, God's wonder shows itself.  Spring is a glorious time for rebirth, to renew and rejoice.  Yep, you can bet I'm basking it.


1 comment:

Comments