Thursday, March 17, 2011

progressing

I've slowly been working on the baby gifts for C's cousin.  I think I've made improvements with the bias tape but, I'd love to try some 1/4" tape.  So far, all I've used is 1/2" and it seems like a bit more than I need, I'm not sure. 

Remember the first one?  OK but, not so great.



Presenting the second bib...see, better, huh?


Last weekend with coupons in hand, I paid a visit to Joann's and came out with these...

~ BIAS TAPE MAKERS - dun, dun, dun ~


~ They're so scary, I've only managed to take one out of the package! ~

Instead of continually purchasing packages of pre-made bias tape, I thought I'd buy those and some fabric to try my hand at making my own bias tape using this tutorial.  It'll be cheaper in the long run.  I'll let ya know how it goes.  It doesn't seem all that hard. 
Fear of the unknown - gets me every time!

Finished and ready to go, I also have this...a softie doll!


This got me into sewing and was "our" first project.  C knew more about sewing machines and sewing than I did.  So, he helped make the first 2 or 3.


My final project for the baby shower gifts will be a travel changing pad.  I can't decide between this one or this one.  I'll probably print them both out and use pieces of each.  Crazy, isn't it?  That's me. 

Why is it that I use everyone as a Guinea pig? 

Food - quite a bit, I make food for church using recipes that aren't tried and true.  I am a tried and true kinda girl.  Once I find a fantastic recipe, I stick with it and I make a copy for my family recipe book because one day when I'm gone, I want my children to have all of the recipes that they loved.  And even the ones that just I loved.  Because food, it's comforting.  My grandma was the best cook in our family and my cooking most mimics hers.  There are times when I miss her so and long to have the recipes that would help me feel close to her again.  There are still good cooks in our family and I call on my mom when I need cooking advice, she's a good one too. 

Yep, I'm rambling again.  Back to the discussion at hand.

Sewing - Making gifts, I go out on a whim and try something I've never made before and mix multiple tutorials and even add my own ideas.  All the while, my skills are still developing.  Who would do such a thing?

My only answer is, I have faith in myself (through God, of course), and I have courage to face the unknown, even when it's as simple as cooking or sewing.

"I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

"LORD, you are my shield, my wonderful God, who gives me courage." Psalm 3:3


Don't worry D, I haven't forgotten to post the yeast roll recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments