Thursday, July 7, 2011

core dump

To try and relinquish my mind of all its' junk, I'm putting it here...

I want one of these, but our garden is not expected to produce enough produce (ha ha) this year to justify putting 80 bucks into this.  My mind asks, would it be worth it to purchase it now or should I just wait?  Will they cost more next year?  In my trusty canning cookbook, it says, a deep pressure canner can double as a hot water bath canner (you just don't lock the lid.)  So, since the two hand-me-down hot water bath canners I've accumulated are not in the best of shape, should I buy one now?  What about for my birthday?  Or Christmas?  It would be dual purpose, right?

Next, why are the books I want to read always checked out or none of our frequented libraries carry them? 
The Help
Extraordinary Women: Discovering the Dream God Created for You
Let There Be Light, The Inspirational Achievements of a Man Born Blind
Men are Like Waffles, Women are Like Spaghetti
Safekeeping: Some True Stories from a Life
Swallow the Ocean: A Memoir


Why haven't I made time to hit the pool this summer?

Why can't I sew a straight line?  Really.  Is it that hard?

Why do my gifts/skills seem like nothing to me when everyone else things they're so grand?  I feel like C when he says, "I'm a jack of all trades, a master of none."  It does feel good to hear others marvel over my talents, but I don't make a big deal about it because I don't like being the center of attention.

That also leads to C's complaint, why can't I ever take a compliment without off-setting it with "Well, I thought it could've been better if I'd have..."?

Why am I dying to go camping at Jellystone?  I like camping without the crowd.  I know why, it's the waterslide.  Definitely.  Also, I dread going camping at a campground when you have to make reservations.  It just takes the fun out of it somehow.

Why did I sign up to take a quilting class tomorrow?  I want to learn to quilt.  Correctly.  Just not this week.  Maybe I'll cancel.

Why didn't I remember to sketch Mary's top last week during Bible Study.  I really wanted to duplicate it.  Oh, yeah, that's right, I'm too busy doing what I should be doing.  Bible Study!

Why haven't I started on the other top that I'm dying to make?  Oh yeah, life calls, you can't sew all the time. 

And why didn't I buy the rest of that bolster of fabric that was on clearance for $1.50/yd.  Oh, yeah, we have a budget to live by!

Our anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks, wondering what we should do for that?

Why can't I get my butt to town this week to drop off stuff at the thrift shop, return my library book, and pick up some groceries?

Why can't we live without a government, since the one we have is crap?

Why don't they just fire the Board of Supervisors since they suck?!

Am I the only one who's burdened by my own mind on odd days/weeks?

There's more, it's just stuck in a web right now.  This mind of mine runs at a million miles an hour nearly 24/7.  What is wrong with me?

Are you feeling crazy now too?  I surely hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments