Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Yes, I am rich indeed.

i'm up.   it nears 2am.   no.   i'm not stressed.   just decompressing here in blog space.

I read this in "the up side" section of April 2009's Guideposts...
"If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy."
- Words engraved on a money clip from the company, The Spoon Sisters

A few minutes ago, I heard a quiet shuffling sound coming down the hall towards me.  Almost immediately, I knew what it was.  A small boy, carrying a stuffed koala, whispered that he couldn't sleep good.  My reply, "How about I climb in bed with you?"  He accepted.  I crept down the hallway to his room, except to bump the gate going downstairs.  Slowly, I lowered him into his bed and slipped under the covers with him.  He rolled towards me and I could feel his warm breath on my face as I drank in the sweet smell of a freshly bathed boy in clean sheets.  I kissed his tiny forehead over and over.  Then, quietly, I tiptoed out.

Yes, I am rich indeed.

This afternoon, tired from an early morning and grocery shopping, I lay my head on C's chest and nestled into his neck.  He was warm and his masculine scent, pleasantly familiar.  I napped for a few glorious minutes before he had to leave.

Yes, I am rich indeed.

Last week, I savored the smell of chlorine and sunscreen as K lay her sun-kissed head on my shoulder and we snuggled under a down blanket while watching some tv.

Yes, I am rich indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments