Monday, October 10, 2011

raw

On the soft carpet, I fell to my knees in the doorway of the living room.  The kindness of others overwhelming me.  I thanked God as I felt utterly undeserving and unworthy.  I thanked him for each person who had touched my life on this bright sunny morning.  Thankful for a kind word, many kind gestures.  I sobbed as I begged, "Why me, Lord?  I am so undeserving."  Because you are Mine.  "Yes, I am Yours, but Lord, I have so much to learn, so much to do, I can never repay You and how can I repay these kind souls."  You don't have to He said.

In his book Radical Together, David Platt says "While we can never do enough to earn acceptance from God, Christ offers this acceptance as a gift when we trust in him."  During revival last week, Larry Johnson said this, "Park yourself by the promises of God's word and you can be sure he'll pass by there in His own time.  Just wait there!  You can count on God to supply everything you need."  I have parked myself by His promises and I have and am waiting on him.  Day after day, week after week, He has shown His unending love and devotion to me.

So as I sit, now dazed by the pouring of His love exhibited through others, I am grateful.  Truly grateful.  My mind races with possibilities of how I can show my gratitude to these people.  In time, His time, we'll figure that out.

Thank you, compassionate, gracious, merciful folks, for making my day, my week, maybe even my year.  This may have seemed small to you, but it made a world of difference to me.


With love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments