Monday, October 3, 2011

birthday bliss

Saturday night we celebrated the man's 5th birthday and it was a blast.  We carried out the whole pirate theme and had his favorite meal - pancakes, sausage, bacon, bananas, strawberries, pineapple, oranges, orange juice, milk, coffee, hot chocolate and some soda.  The weather was perfect, cool yet sunny.  I had given up my desire for warm weather, I found peace and contentment in the fact that there was no rain.  Clouds loomed overhead, but I didn't care. We were all snuggly inside.  I had decided, coffee and hot chocolate put ease to the cold and it did.  Inside, the carport was warm with the many small bodies and affectionate friends that had gathered to celebrate our son.


I only checked the weather once Saturday and left the rest to the Big Man Upstairs.   I trusted He would take care of it and He came through.  I had worried for nothing (isn't that always the case, I worry when He's got it all covered.)   So, I spent the entire day Saturday in praise of the wonderful weather conditions.  And, I didn't fret when I had to leave the man's game early to bring home a pale and weak K, who got sick just as we pulled in the driveway.  (She showered and thankfully, she was fine afterward and for the rest of the day.)  As I gaze outside now, I am thankful for the rain. Thankful that He held it off until our little party had wound down to the last few guests. 

You probably expected to see photos of our party, but ya know, throughout the entire epoch I didn't even think about my camera, not once.  There have been times when I felt regretful, guilty even, that I didn't catch precious moments "on film".  But after it was all said and done, it didn't bother me one bit.  I have learned, sometimes you must live in the moment and immerse yourself in every last second of joy and tenderness, and not feel guilty about it.  And that is exactly what I did.  There are times when I can't stand to stay behind the lens for all of the excitement happening in front of it.  I adored watching the minis delight in each other as they played.  Only for minutes, did they stop to devour their food and return to their fun.  I too, relished the time I spent with family and friends, deep in conversation about life as a mom, life in general and all things in between. 

It always amazes me, how enthralled I feel when we're entertaining.  Surrounded by the people we love, all having a fantastic time, immersed in conversation and good food.  I never want it to end, but eventually, we all get tired, our minis wear out, and it's time to clean up and put everyone to bed.

Thank you, Lord, for a terrific evening spent with loved ones.  It couldn't have been better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments