Sunday, March 10, 2013

breafas luvin muffins & breafas dating

The Saturday after my handsome husband arrived home, I made him a big breakfast of pancakes, homemade syrup, strawberries, bananas, grapes, blueberries, orange slices and these "muffins".  I didn't follow the recipe, the photo was enough to see what kinda lovin was happenin in that muffin pan.


Photo and originial recipe courtesy of
Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body
(where you'll find tons more incredible recipes!)


Breakfas Luvin Muffins
1 lb. bacon
7 eggs
1/4 - 1/3 cup milk (cuz in the south we like our scrambled eggs fluffy, least that's what I was always told)
a handful (or two) of cheese (whatever you have on hand)
1/4 cup onion, finely diced
1 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely diced
1/4 tsp. black pepper
 
Spray muffin pan with cooking spray and wrap a slice of bacon up the sides of each muffin cup (ressembling a cupcake liner of sorts).  Whip remaining ingredients together and evenly distribute amongst each muffin cup.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 min.
 
Now.  Handsome husband can be a tad on the picky side - he's a man, so obviously he likes meat and potatoes.  Period.  Oh yeahand rolls and biscuits.  So, I'm never quite sure what his reaction'll be.  I must say, these were a hit!  We'll definitely be making these again and again.  In fact, I made them again yesterday.  This would be good for a breakfast date, Betty.  wink. wink.

Betty is my grand friend, known for her many, many, many talents.  Child rearing, fashion, decorating, scheduling, etc., etc., etc.  The list just goes on and on.  Cooking being one of her gifts.  Recently, she was telling me of the breakfast date she had with her husband over a snatched up recipe for Blueberry French Toast Casserole that our mutual friend, Martha has tweaked to perfection.

Along with Betty's many gifts, Betty is ingenious!  I mean, who ever thought of breakfast dates anyway?  What a perfect way to start the day, but with a quiet, cozy breakfast for two?  I'm gonna have to try this breakfast dating thing!

1 comment:

  1. Hehe I must be dense but I just figured out, after getting caught back up on your blog, all the "names" you have for people and who they belong to, Betty, Thelma aka Mother Teresa, Felisa, Fredrico, Martha :) and the others! Your too funny! Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments