Friday, March 1, 2013

fast forward

 
One more day.  I'm counting down the hours.  There's an excellent plan in order, I'm just not sure how to execute it since we'll have extras here for the weekend.  Oh stop!  We're talkin' food here, mister.  Mmm, I have an amazing menu planned, a grocery list and part of it was prepared today.  You'll like it.  It's man-friendly and could accommodate a few adult friends of your choice.

I imagine everyone being asleep when you arrive.  I'll wait impatiently for you to pull in the drive.  I'll stand at the door waiting to greet you.  You'll walk in and all the littles will be asleep, I pray.  No distractions, no interruptions.  No Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!  Just us and the opportunity for me to lay my head on your chest and fall asleep to the scent of Old Spice and freshly washed linens.  You'll grimace at the cold, wet snow but then sweat under the flannel sheets 'cause you're just hot-natured like that.  All the while, you'll tell me how happy you are to be home.

That's the way this always plays out.  It's a fantastic sketch.  The only problem is, it ends sadly.  You're here for a while, gone again.  That's OK, we'll make the most of our time together with date nights, calling in the favors we're owed.

Here's to tomorrow and your safe journey home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments