K and I were so excited about these...can you ever really have too many pjs?!
OF COURSE NOT, SILLY!
Flannel fabric from the remnant bin = $1.50
Elastic = $1.47
Twill Tape (drawstring) = $1.27
Total = $4.24!
Then, you know who had to have some too - Thomas the Train, they had to be, he said. And so we made them...
(I love the patience of our subjects and this photo says it all - on the move!)
I used a combination of two online tutorials to make these jammies. This one. And - OK, the other one, I cannot find. I will add, that this lady is a little long winded and difficult for me to understand, completely my opinion - you, on the other hand, might find nothing wrong with her tutorial. I need simple instructions with pictures, so you can definitely find easier tutorials if you're looking but, I had to give her credit. Thanks lady!
Next, the man and I decided to make these felt envelopes for his classmates from this tutorial from Roots and Wings Co....
They turned out well...and yes, one day, I will get down and serious about taking those photography classes so I don't end up with wonky photos like this one. I'm obviously doing something wrong because I adjusted my settings per Beth and I still got this. (OK, so, I remembered SOME of what she said, not all of it. Guess I need to read that email again, huh? I'm feeling a little disarrayed today. You can tell, huh?) I told her my sewing area is very well lit but, I don't know, dag on it. I'll go back and read the email, she probably left more instructions than I can remember.
I made the stripe-y one a week ago and this morning at Jo-Ann's, I found this fabulous "hen house" pattern that I absolutely couldn't put down. I wasn't too excited that the latter was a little more mustard-y than I had expected but, I am partial to chickens. So, it's a keeper!
The pillow tutorial is SUPERB! and extremely easy, courtesy of Raechel Myers. So, easy that, newly 10 year old, K made her own pillow with a little help from moi.
We are getting ready to start this...
...courtesy of these ladies again.
And this tutorial by Dana Willard...
So, that's about it. I made a cover with a pocket for the FoodSaver but, no pics for that. I might get around to showing it one day. And we're making a couple more of these as gifts. To be honest, I'm kinda sick of 'em. They're cute as all get-out but, we've made a few and I just need a break from 'em!