Sunday, February 6, 2011

recent past and run of the mill

I took these photos back in December, when C was servicing his cousin's kids' four wheelers but, somehow, they never managed to make it here.  I wanted to share them anyway, now's as good a time as any.

So, now, before you gasp because these children have no helmets, let me do a little splainin', Lucy...I glanced this through the window and then went out, hoping to catch a few photos.  I didn't agree with the situation but, the man's machine had the governor turned as low as it would go.  So, I thought, OK, maybe a short ride.  He managed, afterall, to fall off after going over a little bump in the yard.  Lesson learned - Evil Knievel is the one who needs the safety equipment at all times.  Yes, this then, scared the pants off of me and my heart rose to my lips and sank to my stomach, all at the same time.  I was mad as a hornet  because I hadn't put a stop to these shenanigans sooner.  Needless to say, the four-wheeders, as he calls them, were put away until the cousins came to pick them up.




Same day, different subject. 


This is a man with a fan club here, folks.   He is the most loved dog in the world.  Yet, feared the most by the ones who do not know him.  They should be fearful of the small one, seriously.

Fierce looking, isn't he?  Or sleepy?



Don't be fooled, this big lush of an American Bulldog is THE biggest baby in the world!  He is our 75-lb. wanna be lap dog.  Known as "K's dog", he and the man grew up together as babies - their birthdays being a month apart, and still enjoy their excursions together.  He endured the man's biting phase and lived to tell about it.  No joke.  He was bitten on the ear. the tail.  and his paws.  and never so much as winced.  He is everyone's best friend.

He even lets the rat terrier boss him around sometimes. 


So, there you have it. 

An uneventful weekend. 

No photos. 

I spent most of it cleaning, cooking, sewing the Valentine tic-tac-toe games, and relaxing.  Last night, C streamed ARN - The Knight Templar through the Wii.  And, despite it being a foreign film, I'm not a fan of most foreign films, it was rated 4 out of 5 stars and was surprisingly good!

Have a fantastic week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments