Tuesday, February 8, 2011

the sickly and the sleeping

At home today.
Feeling a bit under the weather. 
Hoping to rest up and recoup before
the big class field trip tomorrow to the Post Office. 
He doesn't want to miss it and
I always love their unique little walking trips.

So, it's a day of movies and quiet time...


For everyone...


Can I just say that Kolby cat is my favorite to photograph?
Rarely does he move or even blink.
And he's so darn cute with his raccoon-ringed face
and little white streak on his forehead.

On the other hand, we were so excited to mail this out yesterday to Miss J in NY.


I altered the design by Roots and Wings Co.
and put a couple of buttons on the storage flap in the back,
just because it's fun and I can!

 

I also worked on the summer scarf tutorial by Dana Willard yesterday.
I must say, I was a little disappointed with my work.
Being the rebel that I am, I decided I would use regular-weight cotton fabric,
instead of the recommended seersucker or linen.
bad idea.
The fabric didn't gather enough to look like anything impressive.
So, now I have this extremely long ruffle
that I have yet to decide what to do with.
frown.

Lesson learned - follow the directions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments