Tuesday, September 18, 2012

a little fun on Tuesday

My heartache has left.  It's challenged my creative side these days and I just want to sew.  Like a mad woman.  To love on people through needle and thread, like fabric soul food.  I have all these fantastic ideas and I'm dying for my machine.  Dying, I say.  I want to walk into a Joann's and just go craaaazy.  Pick out all kinds of coordinating fabrics.  Run home.  Pull out patterns tutorials {or not} and just sew things.  I have a weird hankering for a yellow, gray, black and cream-colored quilt for my grandma.  I bet she'd hate it.  {With a passion}  I just don't think it'd be her cuppa tea, but I envision it being beautiful and lovely.  Maybe she'd fall for it eventually.

Is it just me, or do you swoon over this palette of colors too?  I found it here at Smashed Peas and Carrots.

Photo courtesy of Smashed Peas and Carrots

There are sooo many projects to finish, to start.  They were piling up on me before we left and this would an excellent time to tackle a few.  So if you see a package in your mailbox, know that you were owed something long, long ago.  My apologies.  Give me a bit, I have to make a trip home to pick up some stuff first.

Also, I would love to make my Vikings-loving friend a Vikings-something or other.  I saw something, I can't say what, and thought of her.  I'm also convinced I can hand deliver Brett Favre for twenty-eight dollars.  giggle.  He's waiting for me downtown.  giggle giggle.  Just wearing all the wrong colors, that's all.  No!  I will NOT make him a new uniform.  (I've learned that clothes are tough.)  And see, what'd I tell you about the windy city and frizzy hair?  They don't mix!   Thankfully, I got that mop cut and it is way more manageable, thankyouverymuch.

 
Wow, I look just a little crazed in that picture.  Brett'll do that to a girl.  Not me, of course.  He's handsome and all, but he's not my type.  And is it me?  Or is he lookin' a little pale?  Maybe he's feeling a little woozy, wasn't impressed by the wind-blown mop either.  Is it Halloween?  Because we are scaaaa-rrrrry!
 

1 comment:

  1. First and foremost I LOVE the color combo!!!! It's beautiful!!! I've been sewing like a crazy person making diapers and tote bags and everything in between! I'm dying for a new sewing machine and a space to sew besides the kitchen table!!! Love the pic of you and Brett!!! :) it's about time you put up pics of you on your blog!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Comments