Monday, August 22, 2011

butterflies

We met teachers today and dropped off school supplies.  It's almost time!  I'm feeling jittery just thinking about it.  When K started going to preschool, I would drop her off and tears would fly, but they said she was fine once I left.   Still, it left me with that miserable feeling that sank deep into my bones.  I would go home and feel absolutely wretched!  I was so attached to her and she to me.  I really didn't know what to do with myself!

This man, he's different.  He loves me so, but he's a go-getter.  He's not the type to sit and watch from the sidelines.  Although, every once in a while, he needs an introduction because "I'm too shy, Mommy."  Once the meet and greet is over, it's all business and he plays his heart out.  Not to mention, I have since found things to do with my time and when my two head off to school on Wednesday, I am going to hit the roof I'll be so excited!  Just thinking of the things I'll be able to do without hearing "Mommy!", "Mommy, she's giving me a nasty look!", "Mommy, tell him there's no kicking and punching in wrestling!" every 5 seconds.  This may sound awful, but I am so excited to be able to sew, read, do housework where I can actually fully complete the task at hand without interruption or chaos I just don't know what to do with myself!

Maybe I'm just so ecstatic because my baby is dying to go.  He wanted to know if he could stay there today, in which I had to reply, "No, you'll go in 2 days."  Which then prompted an "Ol' maaaan!"  Over the summer, I have, at times, been sad that my littlest bird is leaving the nest, but he's just so ready and so thrilled.  He wandered around that room today with a sparkle in his eye, just in awe of all the new toys and new space.  He hugged Mrs. R good-bye and couldn't wait to go back.

Don't get me wrong, I will miss my babies, I will, but I am looking forward to some quiet time.  Am I the only one who feels like this?  I don't know, but I will not feel guilty for my new found freedom.  I will use it to the best of my abilities and something grand will come of it, I tell you.  Look!  My sewing list is lofty and I intend to tackle it. 


Not to mention, the baby gift I'm sorta working on.   Let's just say I cut the fabric.   So, there will be no "we interrupt your regularly scheduled program..." for fighting, bickering and name calling, hungry, tired, or needy children.   No sirree, I'll be as happy as a pig in mud!

But on those days when allergies flare up and we haven't gotten a bit of sleep from coughing or we've got a cold, I will cuddle fiercely, bask in the glow of an entire day's worth of TV and make all of the soup, grilled cheese and popsicles I possibly can until I burst.  I will love and dote on those babies with all my might.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments