Wednesday, August 24, 2011

what now?!


The gooberlings are now at school.  I dropped them off, despite C's dismay that it won't hurt them to ride the bus.  Oh we've done that, brother!  Not going down that road again!  Yes, I understand it saves gas, but out of babes' mouths come the worst of things.  Things that I don't want my two birds hearing or knowing anything about at their age!

Now, I told you I had a great long list of things I was gonna do to celebrate being home alone and I was all pumped to do them.  You know it's coming, don't you?  But, I am frozen stiff with the overwhelming realization that my tiny munchkins will be at school ALL. DAY. LONG.  It's harder than I thought.  I'm used to K being gone until 3 during the school year, but the man, he only went 3 half  days to preschool and I was so accustomed to having him here.  Whether he was quietly playing in his room or trying to coerce me into a wrestling match where I would finally give up because he's just way rough and I couldn't take any more, or if I was attempting to complete one of the hundred million things on my agenda and he was interrupting at every step of the way.  I do, I miss them.

Now, I find myself making coffee and buttering bread to console myself.  Maybe then, I will get myself together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments