Wednesday, September 28, 2011

And so it is

The man turns 5 today.  His request for chocolate chocolate chip muffins for breakfast was fulfilled, complete with candles.  The big party will be this weekend.  I'm hoping for awesome weather and fun times.  I'll spill the beans and let you in on our special dinner plans...a complete breakfast for dinner meal - pancakes, sausage, bacon, maybe eggs?, bananas, grapes, oranges, strawberries, OJ.  It's his absolute favorite and he ordered it, so it's what he'll get. 

When asked what he wanted for his birthday, he couldn't think of a single thing.  And, because his cowboy boots were too small, they were handed down.  So, I mentioned a new pair of boots and he was all over that like white on rice.  Boot'Vil now calls and he wants to spend some of his cold hard birthday cash on whatever speaks to him at Toys'R'Us because he recently got a birthday card and coupon from them in the mail.  So, that's our plan for tonight.


This man, who is a sweet child of God, incredibly independent and strong willed, determined, extremely loving and an amazingly observant boy, I do love him so

~He rocks my world to the nth degree.~

He is a lover of wheels, anything with wheels; his favorite color is blue; he's a hot-natured boy who hates sweat pants, loves zip-off shorts and Spider-Man socks; he tells me often how much he loves me and follows up with the biggest hugs ever and hard, wet kisses; always notices when I've painted my nails and makes sure to compliment them; loves to swing from ropes in trees; never passes up a chance to ride in heavy equipment, on four-wheelers and tractors; makes dirt bike tracks in his sand box; despises nasty looks from his sister and loves to wrestle.  He loves sports.  Tee-ball and soccer are his current sports.  He's a fantastic driver and learned to ride his bike without training wheels this past summer.

He's very precise and somewhat-of-a-perfectionist.  As a baby, he was a biter and impatient.  While he's still young and impatient, he never seems satisfied with what he has, always wanting more.  I hope one day he will be content and every chance I get, I remind him to be thankful for what he has.  He is generous though, donating old toys and things that don't hold his interest without a second thought.  Most of the time, he thinks he knows the best way of doing things, but he is open to suggestions if and when he fails.  It's been exciting to see him grow and change.  I anticipate him developing into a strong, determined, passionate young man full of hopes and dreams, relying on God.  And I pray that his cup runneth over.  I wish to encourage, nurture, inspire and guide him.

~Happy Birthday tiny man!~

I LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK!


*And also, a very Happy Birthday to cousin, C.A.!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments