Friday, September 16, 2011

faith for thought

Tonight, we had dinner out with PopPop. It was nice. We talked about life. The present, the future, things now and things to come. Decisions, opportunities, pros, cons. Adventure, excitement, fears and unknowns. I don't know what is to come, but I have faith in my God and in our family. You lead and I shall follow. We are all in this. The current ratio is 2:1. Some opinions have not been clearly expressed and so, our total population is not accounted for. But, I stand ready, I stand waiting to be cued. Is this the time for change?

With so much on our minds, I turned to my study journal to read through all that we have learned about Sarah and Abraham. Our faith has been tested, but now, will we put our trust in the Lord and take a leap of faith? "Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! " ~Isaiah 30:18. Maybe the Lord just might be trying to show us some graciousness? Is it that we've learned, we've become more than we ever dreamt? Is it that now, He wants to put all of that to the ultimate test? While our minds full with questions, guilts, and shortcomings it is He who says, "Be still, and know that I am God!..." ~Psalm 46:10. And to that, I reply, "For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me." ~Psalm 31:3.

Romans 4:20 says, "He never doubted that God would keep his promise, and he never stopped believing. He grew stronger in his faith and gave praise to God." This verse refers to God's promise to Abraham that he would have have children, too many to count. To me, this verse simply says, if you have faith in Me, I promise to provide, to pour out my blessings upon you and my faith has been unwavering and He has delivered on His promises. I am now seeking His direction and asking that I would be bold and courageous in following.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments