Sunday, March 11, 2012

ah, the moon

Saturday night, the boys were on a hunt, so we ventured out too.  We went visiting, to see some folks that I hold near and dear to my heart.  We stayed out late and the Lord knows we paid dearly for it the next morning, but it was a pleasant time spent with loved ones.  We arrived with caramel frappes and played numerous hands of Uno in which the littles beat the pants off the rest of us.  On the ride home, we spotted the great big moon and we couldn't help but stare.  After putting small people to bed, I grabbed my camera and tripod, and in a hurry, I ran out into the crisp night air and caught this...


2 comments:

  1. How beautiful!!! You must have an exquisite camera!!! Mine would not take such great photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit to sinking a bit of money into it, but I also admit to really, really wanting it BAD and unlike some people (not to be snotty) who only use the "Auto" setting, I have spent hours upon hours reading, researching and experimenting on the numerous ways to use it and it's crazy settings. With that being said, I am not a professional (although I'd love to be) and there are WAY more expensive camera's but I do love mine. It's a Nikon D3000, which I used a 55-200mm lens with a tripod (that's key for night photography.) You can use a point-and-shoot camera, just google "photograph the moon" and there are plenty of helpful tips.

      Delete

Comments