Thursday, March 1, 2012

worry tries to set up camp

The more days go by, the more I begin to question..."Will there be _______?" 


The wild?



Will stress go on hiatus
while we walk through the fields for an hour or two?



Will there be feathers to find?



And trees to climb?



Will we live in a house with a postage-stamp yard
surrounded by sidewalks and paved streets?



Or will there be quiet creaks to soak little puppy bellies and toes in?



Will we ever raise another red-feathered flock
in an old rustic shed with peeling red paint?


Sometimes I think these questions are odd.

Shouldn't I be worried about having a bigger house, more land?
No, those are just worldly possessions.
And I've come to sincerely realize and truly appreciate that
it's not what you have,
it's what you make of it.



Sometimes I wonder if I'm not crazy yet for
being so fanatical about this escapade.
Will a thirteen-hour ride make us all bonkers?
Of course it will.
{This is the part where I believe we're absolutely nuts.}


I'll miss our chickens.
The walks we'd go on with the dogs behind the house.
I'll miss sweet, sweet Daisy.
I can't imagine leaving her behind,
but it's what he says we have to do.

Worry tries to set up camp but,
we'll find new things to do,
new places to go.
We'll meet new people.
And I'll keep telling myself,
it'll all be OK.

Matthew 6:34
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow,
for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own."

1 comment:

Comments