Wednesday, March 28, 2012

the good mama says...



Lately, I've been catching a bunch of flack from my lack of attendance here.  I'm sorry but, life waits for no one and while we had a whirlwind weekend, this week has been just as crazy.  The man is sorrowfully missing his daddy but, in love with the warm weather that allows for bike riding everyday after school.  Miss K is constantly found on the "reading pillow", in the hammock swing or curled up on the couch nose-deep in "The Help".  Now, we're both dying to watch the movie again.

Work is busy.  I had the privilege of working the tent sale last weekend.  It rained and was a bit yuck but, the sun finally came out and warmed things up.  All in all, I had a great time, made some amazing purchases and it kept my mind off of the present.  The kids had a fun day with Nana venturing to some local haunts.  Then, we all met up Saturday evening where we relaxed and munched on their yummy finds.

Easter Break is quickly approaching and I'm excited to be making the trip up to IL to visit C.  Uncle J will be tagging along and we're all ecstatic about that.  I already have plans for our Easter celebration.  Yes, the infamous checklist and groceries are ready.  Miss K asked when we could start packing.  Lord, I love that girl.

That's it in a nutshell.  I've really gotta get to bed.  I've been up late too many nights now.  Tomorrow promises to be busy too...the herb garden needs to be weeded.  The grass needs to be mowed and weed eating needs to be done.  The big garden needs planting.  The good mama says the chicken house needs to be cleaned.  The cat litter box calls.  I'm sure I'm forgetting things and this doesn't even include anything inside.  On top of all this regular busyness, there's soccer, Bible study, kids' choir, and soon to start t-ball.  Now, do you see why I haven't been here?  Oh sista, they ain't enough hours in a day.

1 comment:

  1. my sister has a chicken house and is blessed with a father in law that lives with them as he takes care of all the dirty stuff.....that includes the chicken house :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments