Wednesday, October 10, 2012

the long trek home ~ the not so long visit

We went home for a few days.  I  needed that.  To see all the people I wanted to so  lovingly embrace, to cry in their arms and on their shoulders, to linger in their presence, to hear of their struggles.  To bathe myself in their love, their strength, their hopes for us.

We weren't there long enough, for me at least, but, I am thankful we had the opportunity to be there for a short time and then, bring a little of home with us.

Our trip gave me the time to hear the wisdom of many, how they'd been praying for us, how life was treating them.  There are so many friends and family I would've visited and spent time with but, God gave me what I needed, not what I wanted.  It was time enough to refresh, to get a new outlook on what he's calling me to do here, to regain the strength I thought I'd lost or never had.

I was sad to leave, I spent most of Sunday in tears.  I woke up early Monday morning with puffy eyes, swollen from tears of sorrow.  Thank God Mother Teresa was so bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.  She made it a little easier to leave. 

A wise woman told me, sometimes we miss things because we're so wrapped up in ourselves, in the depths, in trials that we're allowing to hold us hostage.  We need to look further, so we won't miss those moments that are so perfectly manifested by God.  She's right.  More often, I need to pray that I won't miss what God wants for me, for my life.  Funny, I heard this before I left too.  God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments