Friday, February 10, 2012

living in the present


There's still no news.  Not even a peep.  An email on Wednesday stated there was still no decision.  For now, I continue to pray, continue to carry out our daily lives, just like any other day.  My excitement is folded and neatly packed away until further notice.  I know there are people praying for us and I know my God is good, no matter what His will is.  We may not understand now, nor ever, but He has a plan even when we're not sure what He's doing.

Tonight, Miss K and I attended a party at a friend's house and it really sank in...this girl is totally growing up on me.  She's slowly quickly becoming a lady.  She loves jewelry and accessorizing, clothes and  shoes.  I loved it that she wanted to spend quality girl time with me, that our friends adore her and she's been everything but legally adopted by two of them.  

K has always been the center of attention, not in an obnoxious way, but a quiet, shy lovable way.  All of her friends fight over who's going to sit beside her and do things with her.  All of our friends want to kidnap her and take her home.  They have plans of where she'll sleep and who'll she'll room with.  It's sweet to see them love on her and I appreciate that she is inspired and encouraged by these wonderful examples of strong, Christian women.  I pray that she soaks all of that in, deep into her bones, engraving it into her heart and saturating her mind.  That in addition to watching us as parents, she would learn from them what it is to be a fervent mother and profoundly, rock-solid in her faith and walk with the Lord.

For now, Miss K thinks of the near future.  She's excited to be hosting a mother-daughter party just before Mother's Day in order to get gifts in before the actual "holiday."  I'm eager too.  It's been a while since we've done a big "just girls" event.  Let the planning begin!  We're also hoping for snow this weekend.  They're calling for flurries tonight and into tomorrow, but snowfall this season has been pitiful at best.  In any case, the kitchen is stocked full of diced tomatoes, black beans and Spanish rice in preparation for "Mexican week".  So bring on the snow, how 'bout a couple feet?!  I know, I know.  Be careful what you wish for.  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love the picture!!!! Sorry you guys are still waiting :-/ I hope they decide soon!!! Miss K is a sweetheart too bad she's only like 11 years older than Parker!!!...sigh oh well!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments