Monday, February 13, 2012

woe

Hmm, there's really no good place to start this.

Among numerous other frustrating and totally annoying things going on right now, is the grotesque sound of my dog licking himself behind my chair.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Just a few frustrating things:

1)  Dang you, Dave Ramsey!  You've turned my husband into the nerd!  If I knew he wasn't gonna read this, I'd spout of a few more things, but I'll just stop right there.

2)  Opportunity called.  Unfortunately, it's the wrong one it's not the one we've been waiting for.  Instead, this is the one that drug his feet for so long that we thought this was through and done with.  Before, C slightly hesitated.  Then this Op talked the talk, but in the end, didn't walk the walk.  He's the reason we've kept things under wrap this go 'round.  Now, he hears the competition's given Daddy-O a shot, a really nice shot and he immediately calls, like his drawers are on fire wanting Mr. C to get over there pronto amigo.  This is what I'm hearing...



3)  Next, Opportunity #2 (previously #1) is pulling out the big guns, calling for Daddy to ride "the big plane" and be there by Monday?  What the?!  You can't just roll up in here like that!  You can't make demands when you lagged the first time.  No.  Uh uh.  Homey don't play that!  But we are.  And it's putting a bad taste in my mouth.  They better pull out all the stops and make it good!

4)  Op #1 (Did I lose you?  Hang in there for a sec.) hasn't called.  Opportunity #1 are the folks we've been waiting to hear from. They're the ones aforementioned in the last, oh, 10 previous posts or so.  They're a week overdue and they too, are beginnging to push my buttons (as of tonight, because now we're in a pinch.)  That's OK, I told Daddy-O to lay it all on the line.  Be up front, a straight shooter.  Let them know that the phone's ringing and we got company.  They better make their move or lose the game all together.

5)  I don't want to go grocery shopping tomorrow or clean.  I want a mental health day!  (Sounds like that of a toddler wanting to eat twinkies for breakfast instead of oatmeal.)

6)  Come closer, lend me your ear, I'll rant some more...I'm over having animals in the house.  I hate carpet, my vaccuum cleaner and steam cleaning.  I despise paneling, blue bathroom tile, fake olive-colored marble countertops, knotty pine cabinets with ancient black hinges and pulls from 1978.  The boxes sitting in the kitchen are killing me.  Whine, whine, whine!  I'll stop here before I get in over my head.  And really, let's all be honest, that's enough.

You get the point, right?  It's just one of those days.  I got up at 5, baked a cake and prepped the chicken taco soup, went to work, and I'm tired.  At this point, being tired just adds insult to injury.  I don't know if any of this makes a darn bit of sense tonight, but I'm tired and I'm not editting it.  If you have questions, ask.  I'll forewarn you:  This is all just a rant.  I'll be better tomorrow.  Once I get some sleep under my belt.  Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments